ARDEX WPM 188 is an S.B.S. (Styrene Butadine Styrene) torch applied modified bitumen waterproofing membrane, consisting of a specially formulated bituminous compound of distilled asphalt modified with selected high grade visco-elastic polymers and reinforced with a high quality combined reinforcement (fibreglass and polyester) and treated with preventive chemicals to stop roots from plants damaging the membrane. The exceptional elongation properties of SBS combined with the strength and dimensional stability of the reinforcing, provides an excellent waterproofing membrane for new and existing constructions. ARDEX WPM 188 is coated with either a sanded or talc top surface finish, while the bottom surface is embossed and protected by a heat sensitive polythene film.
This type of finish for the lower surface has been chosen for two specific purposes:
- 1. To act as a temperature gauge during application. When the film melts it shows that the compound is at the correct temperature.
- 2. The embossing is to allow the gases to rapidly escape when heated to its correct installation temperature avoiding possible problems of bubbling and blistering
- Positive vapour barrier
- Excellent resistance to pollutants and aging
- High flexibility during application at sub zero temperature with no physical strain
- Maintains shape stability at high temperatures
- High resistance to perforation
- Resists root growth ingress into both the membrane and the laps
- Good elongation and flexibility
- Heat welded laps provide an homogenous joint
ARDEX WPM 188 has been especially formulated for the waterproofing of:
- Planter boxes
- Garden beds.
- Roof gardens
- Flower beds
- Green covered civil works etc.
ARDEX WPM 188 is used as a single layer or multi layer tanking membrane in horizontal or vertical applications, also for waterproofing balconies, terraces and flat roofs.